A diagnostic is not like a traditional test. It starts with questions at the student’s grade level and then will adapt based on their answers. This an assessment where they will get questions that are hard to answer because it is diagnosing their top level. Tips for taking the i-Ready:
- Encourage students to try their best, but if they have tried to work through a problem and cannot get it have them pick their best answer and move on.
- Students should take both the math and reading diagnostics in 15-20 minute periods, over a few days. Their test progress is automatically saved. (Use Scratch paper for math.)
- Parents, it is extremely important you do not help your children on these tests as each
student receives a lesson pathway based on their levels.
- These pathways are giving them the math and reading support they need. We do want these lessons to be at their appropriate levels.
For Parents/Caregivers/ Para Padres/Tutores: Click below to find a presentation you can review with your student.
Click below for additional videos on Diagnostics iReady assessments
Please connect with your child’s teacher for additional information.
K-5 Edgenuity Student Resources
Here are some easy, quick tech tips if you are experiencing difficulty with slow videos or pages not loading. We recommend trying the following as first steps:
1. Logout and log back into the Edgenuity system.
2. Clear the browsing history.
3. Restart the Chromebook device. Completely turn off the device and then turn it back on.
We are also receiving a lot of questions about how to submit assignments in Edgenuity. Here is our preferred method.
- Create Google Drive files for each course. Here is a video to show you how to do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH1RYmCpl_s
- Once you have completed the assignment, make sure it is saved in the Drive file you created above. This can happen when you download the pdf--just save it to that file and work on it there. If you use the workbook, use the Chromebook camera to take a picture and then save that picture to the appropriate Drive file. To find the camera on the Chromebook, swipe up on the bottom of the screen to see all of the device apps. The camera will be there. Click to open it and it will be ready to use. Positioning it may take practice. *
- In the assignment list in Buzz, you have to click on the assignment to get to the submission page. Click on the yellow plus in the right hand corner and upload the file from the Drive folder you made in Step 1. Here is a video showing how to do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WuzY7jtBzg
*Drive is an available cell phone app. If you wish to use phone pictures of assignments, we recommend downloading the Drive app to your phone. You would sign into the app with your student’s wwps email and password. Pictures from the phone would need to be added to the Drive.
If after watching these videos, you still need help, please call us. We are here for you.
6-12 Edgenuity Student Resources