Thank you for participating in this Fall's conferences online. If you did not get an opportunity to have a conference with your child's teacher/advisor, please reach out to them.
Here are some easy, quick tech tips if you are experiencing difficulty with slow videos or pages not loading. We recommend trying the following as first steps:
1. Logout and log back into the Edgenuity system.
2. Clear the browsing history.
3. Restart the Chromebook device. Completely turn off the device and then turn it back on.
We are receiving a lot of questions about how to submit assignments in Edgenuity. Here is our preferred method.
- Create Google Drive files for each course. Here is a video to show you how to do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH1RYmCpl_s
- Once you have completed the assignment, make sure it is saved in the Drive file you created above. This can happen when you download the pdf--just save it to that file and work on it there. If you use the workbook, use the Chromebook camera to take a picture and then save that picture to the appropriate Drive file. To find the camera on the Chromebook, swipe up on the bottom of the screen to see all of the device apps. The camera will be there. Click to open it and it will be ready to use. Positioning it may take practice. *
- In the assignment list in Buzz, you have to click on the assignment to get to the submission page. Click on the yellow plus in the right hand corner and upload the file from the Drive folder you made in Step 1. Here is a video showing how to do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WuzY7jtBzg
*Drive is an available cell phone app. If you wish to use phone pictures of assignments, we recommend downloading the Drive app to your phone. You would sign into the app with your student’s wwps email and password. Pictures from the phone would need to be added to the Drive.
If after watching these videos, you still need help, please call us. We are here for you.
Virtual School Resource Center--this is a great place to start! We particularly recommend previewing the following documents and videos as we prepare to start our year:
- Complete Parent Guardian Guide
- Learning coach (Parent) Overview Video
- My Role as a Learning Coach
- Designing a Productive Learning Space AND How to Set Up a Learning Space
- A Typical Day: Setting a Schedule
MS/HS Edgenuity Resources for Parents
Edgenuity Help Center--this is a great place to start! Here are some recommended documents to preview as we get ready to start our year:
- Edgenuity Parent Newsletter (English) OR Edgenuity Parent Newsletter (Spanish)
- Parent Letter (English) OR Carta para Padres y Familias (Spanish)
- Edgenuity Student Manual
Walla Walla Online Parent Communication
Linked here are copies of parent correspondence that have been mailed or otherwise distributed this school year.
- Parent Newsletter / Boletin familiar (10/29)
- Conferences Email (10/4)
- Parent Newsletter / Boletín familiar (9/22)
- Phone Call/Email Home 9/7
- Grades 1-5 Welcome Letter (distributed with technology and materials 8/31)
- MS/HS Welcome Letter (distributed with technology and materials 8/31)
- Phone Call/Email Home (8/28)
- Phone Call/Email Home (8/24)